Wednesday, July 30, 2014

DC Flea with my friends

There are only a few things that make me get up at 6am on a Saturday morning.  One is a craft show and the second is antiquing. You see I'm just not a morning person so the motivation has to be just right LOL!  When my Facebook primitive/ stitcher friend Michelle Blanco told me about the DC Big Flea Market in Chantilly Virginia at the Dulles Expo Center I was game.  I mean after all I'd get to antique and meet Michelle for the first time.  I also talked my long time best friend Holly LeMay into going too.

I must say it was a perfect day with lots to look at and buy.  There must have been over 500 booths. The best booth for me was "The Truffle Pigs" booth it was a stitchers dream come true...vintage buttons, hat pins, sewing notions, mixed in with Handmades by a bunch of very talented gals Stacey Bear, Deborah Hartwick and Kim Stout. If you'd like to check them out here is their blog: http://trufflepigssewingroom.blogspot.com/?m=1

My friend Holly found a sweet Steiff fish and a vintage fish bowl to put him in LOL.  Michelle found the cutest little antique red/cream sewing machine. I found a crock that was in perfect condition outside of a small chip for a really great price.  We all came away with a lot more goodies but those are just a few of the items we found that came home.  Here is a photo of everything I brought home.


To see when the next DC Big Flea is:
http://www.thebigfleamarket.com/2014-schedule/

Also for those that come to the show there is a Cheesecake Factory only several minutes away....this is where we all had lunch. It was yummy too. :0)

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful day, so nice to meet a new friend! Sounds like a place I would like to go to sometime. hugs, Lecia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful time and you got some wonderful goodies. 6 am is sleeping in for me LoL..Me I'm a morning person..smile..Hugs!~Amy

    ReplyDelete