Sunday, September 2, 2012

Top Hat Jack Challenge Piece

 Greetings everyone I wanted to show you all my "Top Hat Jack" challenge piece I made for Lori's contest over at Notforgotten Farm http://farmhousenotforgotten.blogspot.com/ .  Please click on the link to check out the other entries and vote for who ever you like.  There are so many great pieces and such a fun challenge to take part in.  Lori asked us to use her  "Top Hat Jack" cross-stitch and to creatively use it in anyway we wished....she only asked us not to frame it, make a pin keep, or a pillow with it.  I decided a lovely bag to use this Fall was a perfect idea...especially for all those Fall craft show I go to...LOL.  :0) 
 
 A photo of the wooden skeleton key I put on the side (purchase your own at The Cheswick company website).   I also wanted you to see the hand stitched strap....I'll also tell you a secret..... I used my husbands old belt and covered it with homespun fabric to make a lovely comfy strap that sits perfectly on my shoulder.

 I took a lot of close-up photos so you could all see the crazy quilt stitches I did.  I also added some buttons and bead work to the front.
 This is the back of the bag....with the lovely fabric Misi from 1890 Gable House gave me a few swaps back.  I was wondering how I would use this lovely fabric.  I wanted to make sure I could use it in a way that I wouldn't waste a single sweet witch.  :0)     If you're wondering the fabric is from Lori's fabric collection at spoonflower  http://www.spoonflower.com/profiles/notforgottenfarm ....just click the link if you'd like to go see her other fabrics and to buy yourself a little something. :0)


As always I hope this post finds you all well.  I have enjoyed sharing this project with you and please go see the other entries they really are great....so much talent out there.  As for other goodies I've been working on...well those have to be a secret for now.  :0)
Hugs,
Theresa

3 comments:

  1. Oh this is just awesome Theresa! I'm going over to check out the contest.Hmmm secrets..giggles..Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Theresa!!
    You are havning TOO much fun! :-)

    Lori Ann

    ReplyDelete