Wednesday, April 4, 2012

It's been busy these last few weeks

It seems like the month of March was a crazy one so it's nice to settle into a nice quiet April. Brian's family came for several days to celebrate Silas' birthday. It was nice to have them visit we had fun watching movies together and catching up on family history. Before the crazy week happened I went to a wonderful spring bear show here in Maryland. My friend Holly and I got to visit with two of our favorite artists Cindy McGuire of "China Cupboard Bears" and Jackie Melerski of "Gilmur Rudley". I've posted a few photos of their tables at the show. All the bear artists had lovely things and it's a lovely show to go too. I hope they'll have the show again next year. If you ever get the chance to go to a bear show you should...just do it once...because the artists are so nice and their creations are so amazing too.
Some how I did manage to work on a few things...nothings finished mind you but at least I finished with all the cross-stitching. My first project is a Stacy Nash sewing box kit. The second is still a stitch in progress it's the latest kit from Prim Sisters kit club....the kit is by "Pineberry Lane". I'm so looking forward to finishing these two projects. ;0) It will be fun to get back to making some dolls soon too. I'm itching to get my hands all coffee stained....LOL. :0)
At last the photo at the top is of my finished and framed piece called "Salem Village" pattern by Lori of "Notforgotten Farm". I love how it turned out...and the frame was one I purchased off from Etsy (seller-OldRedBarnShop). It's perfect with it's primitive chipped green paint. I love the fact that it's old wood that has been reused to make something new.
Anyway I guess that's about all for now. Hopefully I'll settle back into blogging once a week again....we'll have to see how it goes. I hope this post finds you all happy and healthy. :0)
Hugs,
Theresa

1 comment:

  1. Thank you...it was fun visiting the bear show. You are having stitching fun, Jody

    ReplyDelete